My Personal top 10 are based on visits to several restaurants in DFW area and other parts of the country.16 years a go when we arrive to Texas we loved to go to Trail Dust , a local steak house which had good steaks for that time but if you come there with a tie they would cut it and hang it on the wall.Over the years we upgraded to salt grass and other local chains .
Several years a go I upgraded my visits to Dallas finest steakhouse and home grilling which will be discussed in my other post.
This post will rank the restaurants based on Meat quality , the “first bite feel” , service , attitude and value for money.
First I will explain about the “first bite feel “, it can be :
b. Just OK
c. I can make such a steak at home
d. The best quality ranking is “moment of silent “ which mean, leave me alone i am in heaven .
Other ranks are self explanatory ,but value for money is a key together with attitude and service quality.
An ongoing updates will be done as we go , since i will move ranking up and down.
Made the Top : (not in any important order yet)
- Papas Bros , Dallas TX – Always superb
- Chamberlain Dallas TX – Fun place, great Cigar launch and amazing steaks.
- Del frisco , Frisco TX – Great steaks , deliver …
- Bobs Steakhouse , Plano TX – amazing steaks , I skip the signature carrot but alway great.
Made 2nd Tier :
- Steak @Paris Las Vegas by Gordon Ramsay – fail on service and not all cuts mere good and failed to deliver Gordon’s signature dish of Beef Wellington.
- Perry’s steakhouse , Frisco TX – amazing Pork Chop , good steaks , service going down .
- Prime steakhouse @Belagio Las Vegas – really good steaks and amazing service.
Didn’t make the Cut :
- Craft Steakhouse @MGM Las Vegas by Tom Colicchio – returned the steak , no WoW effect
- Bazaar Meat @SLS LAs Vegas by Jose Andres – Foie gras in cotton candy to die for , rest mediocre and only time I returned a bottle of wine.
- Knife , Dallas TX – famous for aged beef with great presentation , just failed to deliver tasty steaks.
My journey continue …